Account Manager – Health & Wellness
Our client, an insurance and risk management firm, is seeking a Health & Wellness Account Manager to join their Benefits team at their Southern California office. The Account Manager will be responsible for a book of business with all lines of health and welfare insurance. In this job, you will be managing client relationships, enrollment meetings, and wellness programs.
Primary Responsibilities of an Account Manager:
- Manage and provide health and wellness insurance service to small groups
- Liaise with carriers and clients on the resolution of problems, answer any questions, handle correspondence
- Oversee the annual renewal process including the marketing of the process
- Prepare the renewal presentation by including a presentation of marketing analysis, strategic planning initiatives, benchmark study, etc.
- Handle documents such as premiums, policies, claims, and applications
- Be knowledgeable on the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and ensure compliance with the ACA
- Process employee benefit enrollment, changes, terminations, etc.
- Provide clients with current plan summary, enrollment forms, etc.
- Conduct annual open enrollment meetings and develop and support client benefit portals
- Process medical claims and billing audits
- Stay ahead of trends and regulations in the health & wellness marketplace
A successful Account Manager will have:
- 4+ years’ insurance brokerage experience in health & wellness
- Prior experience working with small groups, up to 100 lives
- Valid California Life, Accident, and Health Broker License
- Knowledge of Benefit & Insurance Broker software applications – preferably with Benefit Point or Zywave
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and strong time management skills
- Strong MS Office
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Health & Wellness Broker / Account Manager – Health & Wellness