Our client, a medical and recreational services company based in the metro San Francisco area is seeking an Accountant / Controller that will report to senior executives at the firm.
The ideal candidate has an excellent accounting background in reconciliations, closing of the books, strong knowledge of GAAP, and can effectively present financial records to senior executives.
Target is a CPA and someone who has a strong understanding of audit.
This role is for someone that has the skills and the desire to excel within the accounting area at a rapidly growing company, be in the day to day trenches of accounting and audit, with the anticipated expectation to lead to a CFO role long-term.
Client is offering a competitive salary and lots of opportunity for growth.
- Oversee all general accounting functions
- Perform account reconciliations and closing process on income statement, balance sheet, etc.
- Responsible for preparing and presenting monthly financial reports
- Liaise with 3rd party Audit and have a thorough understanding of this area
- Manage accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Develop, execute and maintain accounting processes and best practices
- Work with management on identifying improvements to existing accounting processes, and on efficient ways to implement these processes
- 7+ years’ experience in a senior level accountant role preferably with Big Four experience
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Excellent hands-on general accounting experience with reconciliations, clearing transactions, closing books, accounts payable, accounts receivables, etc.
- Experience with reviewing audits
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Strong communication, presentation, and relationships skills
- Financial Accounting systems experience required
- Forensic accounting is a plus
- CPA is required