Our client, a global banking institution with offices in NYC is currently seeking a Compliance Officer to join their Compliance Division. The ideal candidate will have a broad compliance background with experience in AML, BSA, and OFAC. This role will support the implementation of the compliance program, be responsible for conducting risk assessments, and be the point of contact for regulators.
Our client is offering a competitive base salary, plus bonus, and excellent benefits. This is a smaller branch of a large international institution with standard 9-5 working hours.
- Support the implementation of the compliance program throughout the branch focusing on AML, BSA, OFAC, Dodd Frank, etc.
- Conduct Risk assessments
- Monitor BSA / AML / OFAC activities
- Develop and/or update policies and procedures related to AML / BSA / OFAC regulations
- Conduct and oversee compliance testing program for AML / BSA / OFAC
- Coordinate and communicate on compliance examinations
- Liaise with internal / external auditors and regulators
- Conduct AML training for employees
- 4+ years in a Compliance role at a wholesale commercial bank
- Extensive AML / BSA / OFAC compliance background
- Knowledge of cyber-security and general risk management is a plus
- Ability to explain regulatory concepts and adapt to internal policies and procedures
- Strong investigative and research skills
- Excellent organizational, presentation, and communication skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency with MS Suite (Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
- ACAMS certification required
Wholesale Commercial Banking Compliance Officer -- AML/BSA/OFAC Compliance Officer