Director Culinary Operations Executive Culinary Director Culinary Manager
Our client, a rapidly growing startup gourmet kitchen and food delivery service, is seeking a Director of Culinary Services to join their team in the greater NYC area. This role will be the primary culinary resource within the company, have strategic accountability for the overall menu for daily food service and catering, and coach and manage culinary teams.
This is an exciting time to join our client as they are rapidly growing, and this role will support this ongoing development.
Primary Responsibilities of a Director Culinary Services:
- Communicate and educate on best practices for culinary across the organization
- Overall responsibility for menu and product offerings on a daily food service level and for catering events
- Manage and coach Culinary staff, and oversee succession planning
- Develop a long-term strategy for culinary teams that aligns with the organizational goals
- Contribute to the Operations, Catering, and Culinary teams, and work cross functionally on projects
- Partner with the Purchasing Manager on securing the highest quality products and develop mutually beneficial vendor relationships
- Ensure all standards are at the highest level in terms of culinary excellence, food presentation, food safety and sanitation
- Work closely with the Finance and Operations teams on managing food and labor costs
A successful Director Culinary Services will have:
- 5+ years of experience managing high-volume, restaurant and/or other hospitality, organizations
- Excellent Leadership skills and the ability to work across functional teams
- Experience in financial and budgetary planning, forecasting, and analysis
- Experience with high volume menu and recipe development
- High volume purchasing, procurement and inventory management experience
- Strong coaching and team development skills with a long-term view of spotting potential future talent
- Strong knowledge and passion for the culinary and hospitality industry
- Experience in sourcing and maintaining cooking and small kitchen equipment and refrigeration. Kitchen facilities management experience management, preferred.
- Exceptional work ethic, time management and attention to details in a self-directed environment.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- MS Office proficiency
- Ability to travel within the greater NYC area up to 70% of the time, as determined by business needs.
- Culinary Degree or certification from an accredited institution or similar Bachelor’s degree
- NYC Food Handler’s, ServSafe certifications required
- Allergen Safety Certification preferred