Facility Manager / Plant Manager
Our client, a leading manufacturer to the metal casting industry, is seeking a Facility Manager to join their team in Chicago, IL. The Facility Manager will be responsible for the overall performance of the facility, reporting to the Chief Operating Officer. The role will have responsibility for a team contributing to production, maintenance, safety, customer account management, inventory planning, and operations. Ideally, the candidate should have knowledge of the products and the industry.
Our client also anticipates additional openings at other facilities in Ohio, Indiana, and Alabama.
Primary Responsibilities of a Facility Manager / Plant Manager:
- Direct a team of production employees on customer account management – growing sales, developing client relationships, sourcing new business opportunities
- Manage and support the building of a positive culture, facilitate training and development programs as needed
- Monitor inventory, report on key material usage, and manage quality control
- Manage a continuous safety program and maintain a clean facility
- Ensure production flows smoothly – orders are on time, etc.
- Capture data for reporting and work on projects to improve overall facility management
A successful Facility Manager / Plant Manager will have:
- 2+ years of experience in a Facility / Plant Manager or similar role in a manufacturing facility
- Experience with metal casting industry and products is desired
- Excellent managerial skills
- Strong communication skills – oral and written
- Strong leadership qualities
- Possess energy and motivation to exceed expectations
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Athlete background is a plus
Plant Manager/Operations Manager/Production Lead/Shift Lead/Manufacturing Supervisor/Manufacturing Manager/Production Manager/Plant Supervisor/Plant Shift Lead