Quality Assurance Manager/Food Health & Safety Manager/Quality Control Manager
Our client, a culinary healthcare firm is seeking a Food Safety Manager to join their team in Long Island, NY. The Food Safety Manager will be responsible for quality engineering, food safety, and quality operational processes, in addition to leading quality assurance projects and audits. The role will also be responsible for all food safety / quality assurance training and QA skill development of culinary staff.
Primary Responsibilities of a Food Safety Manager:
- Serves as Project Manager during quality improvement initiatives and projects; a key role in teaching and coaching field operations, quality assurance and food safety staff
- Plays a key role in developing and implementing a comprehensive quality management system, and fosters a continuous improvement culture of quality and food safety excellence
- Drives long-term defect prevention vs. short-term corrective action approach
A successful Food Safety Manager will have:
- 5+ years experience in a food safety or quality assurance function
- Strong technical knowledge within the food manufacturing or catering industry
- Understanding of catering processes, design functions, manufacturing methods, statistical methods, etc.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and communication skills
- Strong technical knowledge of MS Office, ISO 9001, etc.
- Understanding and knowledge of Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventative Controls for Human Food
- Experience within an audit function is a plus
- HACCP or similar certification
- Bachelor’s degree in quality systems, Food Science and Technology, Microbiology or related degree
- Master’s degree is a plus