Our client, a leading national healthcare services company, is seeking an Infection Control Practitioner. In this role, you will be responsible for implementing infection control programs in accordance with established hospital policies and procedures
Primary Responsibilities of an Infection Control Practitioner:
- Conduct infection control surveillance: collect, tabulate, analyze, and present infection data through review of laboratory data, medical records, and patient unit rounds.
- Conduct precaution surveys throughout the Hospital and analyze the need for precautions.
- Assist with the review and updating of all guidelines pertaining to infection control and assist with development and implementation of all policies and procedures related to infection control.
- Participate in the evaluation and implementation of various aspects of the waste disposal program.
- Conduct audits and special studies requested by the Infection Control Committee. Collect, analyze, and prepare all data obtained and statistical reports prepared. Assist with the preparation of the Infection Control agenda.
- Participate in the implementation of the First Responder Protocol with Emergency Room and Outpatient staff. Review exposure reports from first responders, and assist in the investigation of sources for blood borne pathogen whenever necessary.
- Ensure accurate reporting of reportable diseases to appropriate local and state health agencies. Assist in outbreak investigation and assists with prevention and control activities related to employee exposures to infectious agents.
A successful Infection Control Practitioner will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- At least 2 years’ experience of infection control within a hospital environment