Our client, a rapidly growing startup healthcare staffing firm based in NYC is seeking a Junior Accountant that will report directly to the Head of Finance. Client is targeting someone with a minimum of 2 years of experience in accounting, has strong knowledge of GAAP and reconciliation processes, and is technically proficient. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of building an Accounting team and has that desire to grow as the company grows.
Our client is in a convenient midtown location, offers a competitive salary and lots of opportunity to grow in title and compensation.
- Development and administration of the accounting function working closely with Head of Finance
- Process time cards, payroll, and invoices
- Perform monthly account reconciliations
- Prepare financial statements
- Manage accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Develop and maintain accounting processes
- Work with management on identifying improvements to existing accounting processes, and on efficient ways to implement
- 2+ years’ experience in accounting preferably from a Big Four, or staffing agency
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Experience with reconciliations, clearing transactions, processing invoices, etc.
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Strong with MS Office particularly with Excel, and/or Google Sheets
- Ideally have experience with QuickBooks or a similar program
- Bachelors in Accounting required