Network Engineer/Network Systems Engineer
Our client, a quantitative investment firm with more than 30 years of marked success, is seeking a senior level Network Engineer to join its offices in Suffolk County, New York.
The Network Engineer will be responsible for deploying and troubleshooting firm’s network infrastructure, configuring networking protocols, supporting network security and firewall systems, as well as related user support, primarily on Linux platforms.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience configuring routers, switches, and security systems, excellent troubleshooting skills, and a comprehensive knowledge of Networking fundamentals.
- Deploying and supporting network infrastructure; Handling enterprise-class routers, switches, firewalls including cisco and non-cisco equipment (CISCO, JUNIPER, HP, DELL).
- Ensuring proper network and routing protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, OSPF and BGP).
- Supporting scalable routed and switched network.
- Supporting open source and proprietary infrastructure services (BIND, FreeRadius, OpenLDAP, DHCP, Kerberos).
- Operating and supporting open source tools for network and security monitoring and management on UNIX/Linux platforms (e.g. mrtg, syslog-ng, xymon, snort/suricata/Bro, flowscan/SiLK).
- Troubleshooting, problem solving, and analyzing packet-level traffic.
- 4+ years of experience with network and security technologies.
- Experience with Linux and Windows systems administration.
- Solid experience in supporting infrastructure services.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
Bachelor’s degree required.
Network Engineer / Network Systems Engineer / CISCO Network Engineer