Our client, a gourmet kitchen and food delivery service, is seeking a Nutrition Data Specialist to join their team in New York City. Our client would like a candidate who is a Registered Dietitian. The role will be responsible for data entry, and nutritional evaluation. In addition, this role will contribute content via various social media – website/blog/Instagram, etc.
This is an opportunity to join a startup company that is rapidly growing.
Primary Responsibilities of a Nutrition Data Specialist/Registered Dietitian:
- Utilize the ESHA Genesis R&D software to determine nutritional and calorie information for all menu items
- Develop and maintain ingredient and recipe databases for nutritional calculation
- Manage data and recipes for developing Skus/barcodes and FDA label regulations
- Maintain up-to-date nutrition research as relates to food trends, etc.
A successful Nutrition Data Specialist/Registered Dietitian will have:
- 2+ years of experience in a Nutrition Data / Registered Dietitian role
- Registered Dietitian
- Culinary experience is highly preferred
- Experience with a Food developing and labeling software; e.g. ESHA Genesis R&D
- Experience with MS Office particularly with Excel
- Knowledge of FDA Food Labeling guidelines and regulations
- Strong organizational, and communication skills
- Understanding of detailed record keeping
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or related degree, or related work experience