Our client, a gourmet kitchen and food delivery service, is seeking a Nutrition Data Specialist to join their team in Long Island, NY. The Nutrition Data Specialist will be responsible for determining the nutritional information, and the calorie information for all food items on the menu. In addition, this role will develop and maintain the ingredients and recipes within a database for nutritional calculations.
This is an opportunity to join a startup company that is rapidly growing.
Primary Responsibilities of a Nutrition Data Specialist:
- Utilize the ESHA Genesis R&D software to determine nutritional and calorie information for all menu items.
- Develop and maintain ingredient and recipe databases for nutritional calculation.
- Build and maintain files (electronic and manual) for all products.
A successful Nutrition Data Specialist will have:
- 1+ years of experience in a Nutrition Data role, or within the Food Science and Nutrition industry
- Experience with a Food developing and labeling software; e.g. ESHA Genesis R&D
- Experience with MS Office particularly with Excel
- Knowledge of FDA Food Labeling guidelines and regulations
- Strong organizational, and communication skills
- Understanding of detailed record keeping
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or related degree, or related work experience