Physician Assistant – Cardiovascular Surgery
Our client, a leading regional health system, is seeking a Physician Assistant to join its team in the Cardiovascular Surgery Department. The Physician Assistant will be responsible for coordinating care for patients requiring acute care for cardiovascular disease. In this job, you will be function as the primary care provider maintaining and promoting the health of patients who undergo cardiovascular surgery.
The health system will provide relocation assistance for the ideal candidate.
Primary Responsibilities of a Physician Assistant:
- Coordinate appropriate, timely patient care under physician supervision, focusing on identified expected unit/optimal outcomes individualized to the patient.
- Coordinate patient care between healthcare providers.
- Conducts comprehensive health assessments (initial, ongoing, discharge), identifies normal/abnormal health characteristics, develops plan of care, initiates appropriate interventions, and evaluates care outcomes on defined patient populations.
- Performs delegated functions under physician supervision, such as differential diagnosis, use of prescriptive authority, and treatment according to practice guidelines, protocols, and/or standing orders.
- Accepts accountability for outcomes in healthcare.
- Performs invasive diagnostic or therapeutic procedures necessary for defined patient populations
- Promotes quality health care through integration of current research into practice and participation in research activities.
- Participates in professional activities such as research presentation and publications.
A successful Physician Assistant will have:
- Minimum of 1 year of clinical experience as a Physician Assistant.
- Master’s Degree.
- Successfully completed the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) examination.
- Active License from the Texas Board of Physician Assistants.