Quality Assurance Manager/Food Health & Safety Manager/Food Safety Manager
Our client, a gourmet kitchen and food delivery service, is seeking a Quality Assurance Manager to join their team in Long Island, NY. The Quality Assurance Manager will oversee quality engineering, food safety, and quality operational processes, in addition to leading quality assurance projects and audits. The role will also be responsible for quality assurance training and QA skill development of culinary staff.
Primary Responsibilities of a Quality Assurance Manager:
- Serves as Project Manager during quality improvement initiatives and projects; a key role in teaching and coaching field operations, quality assurance and food safety staff
- Plays a key role in developing and implementing a comprehensive quality management system, and fosters a continuous improvement culture of quality and food safety excellence
- Drives long-term defect prevention vs. short-term corrective action approach
A successful Quality Assurance Manager will have:
- 3+ years experience in a quality assurance or food safety function
- Strong technical knowledge within the food manufacturing or catering industry
- Understanding of catering processes, design functions, manufacturing methods, statistical methods, etc.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and communication skills
- Understanding and knowledge of Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventative Controls for Human Food
- Experience within an audit function is a plus
- HACCP or similar certification is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in quality systems, Food Science and Technology, Microbiology or related degree