Quality Assurance Manager/Food Health & Safety Manager/Quality Control Manager/Food Safety Manager
Our client, a gourmet kitchen and food delivery service, is seeking a Manager of Quality Assurance to join their team in Long Island, NY. The Quality Assurance Manager will be responsible for leading projects during major quality assurance projects. The role will oversee quality engineering and problem solving on food safety and quality operational processes, policy and procedure auditing, quality improvement project deployment, skill development of unit level operations and quality assurance staff and unit transition support for key compliance/quality assurance vacancies.
Primary Responsibilities of a Quality Assurance Manager:
- Serves as Project Manager during quality improvement initiatives and projects; a key role in teaching and coaching field operations, quality assurance and food safety staff
- Plays a key role in developing and implementing a comprehensive quality management system, and fosters a continuous improvement culture of quality and food safety excellence
- Drives long-term defect prevention vs. short-term corrective action approach
A successful Quality Assurance Manager will have:
- 10 years of experience in a quality assurance or food safety function
- Strong technical knowledge within the food manufacturing or catering industry
- Understanding of catering processes, design functions, manufacturing methods, statistical methods, etc.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and communication skills
- Strong technical knowledge of MS Office, QEH&S management systems – ISO 9001, etc.
- Understanding and knowledge of Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventative Controls for Human Food
- Experience within an audit function is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in quality systems, Food Science and Technology, Microbiology or related degree, Master’s degree is a plus