Senior Director – Perioperative Services
Senior Director – Periop Services / RN Director – Periop Services / RN Director – Perioperative Services / Nursing Director – Periop Services / Nursing Director – Perioperative Services
Our client, a leading national healthcare services company, is seeking a Senior Director – Perioperative Services. In this role, you will have 24/7 operational responsibility and administrative oversight for OR’s, PACU, PAT, SDC, GI/Endoscopy and Central Sterile Service across the assigned facilities.
The Senior Director – Perioperative Services will report directly to the Chief Nursing Officer and closely collaborate with Physician Chair of Surgery.
Primary Responsibilities of a Senior Director – Perioperative Services:
- Directs and evaluate the clinical, administrative, and educational activities of personnel on assigned unit for all shifts.
- Participate in the development of goals, policies, procedures, and budgets for the service line and.
- Ensure appropriate staffing, supplies, and equipment.
- Ensure quality and safe delivery of care to patients in all age groups.
- Develop goals and plans for Perioperative Services in relation to the hospital vision and goals. Formulate policies and procedures for Perioperative Servicecs and secures appropriate approvals for implementation.
- Ensure efficient work flow, delineation of duties/responsibilities, efficient staffing patterns, appropriate supervision, and effective communication to staff and other departments. Participate in and support the development of nursing care practice models for improved patient care.
- Evaluate the quality of patient care provided in collaboration with other members of the QI Committee and medical staff. Recommends and takes action to improve services when necessary.
- Resolve routine operational problems/issues.
- Hire, evaluate, develop, discipline, and discharge personnel while delegating such matters to supervisory personnel as appropriate. Plans staffing patterns.
A successful Senior Director – Perioperative Services will have:
- Master’s Degree in nursing.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in Massachusetts.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in nursing, including at least two years of management experience.
- Experience working with unions, preferably the MNA.
RN, Registered Nurse, Periop, Perioperative, MNA, Massachusetts Nursing Association, OR, operating room, med-surg, SDC, surgical day care, GI/Endoscopy, gastrointestinal, PAT, pre-admission testing, PACU, post-anesthesia care unit, Nursing Director, RN Director