Sous Chef Chef Manager Kitchen Chef Executive Chef Line Cook
Our client, a newly established restaurant chain in NYC is seeking an experienced Sous Chef. This is a great opportunity to join a world recognized Head Chef and receive hands-on daily mentoring.
The ideal candidate is Culinary trained, has been a Chef for 2+ years, is passionate about cooking, has high energy and strong attention to detail. It is also a plus to have managed a junior Kitchen staff.
This is a high growth opportunity as restaurant will be expanding and therefore lots of room for advancement.
Primary Responsibilities of a Sous Chef:
- Support the preparation and design of all food for lunch and dinner
- Involved in planning of menus in consultation with the chef
- Adjust menus as required
- Monitor the quality of the food and service while maintaining a high level of quality within budget, hygiene, and customer satisfaction
- Supervise all distribution of food
- Coordinate with various Kitchen staff, marketing, vendors, inventory, etc.
- Ensure client satisfaction is at a high standard
- Ensure that health and safety regulations are observed, and recorded
A successful Sous Chef will have:
- 2+ years’ experience as a Chef
- Ideal if Chef experience is from within a restaurant/takeout/delivery type environment
- Strong knowledge of food hygiene and safety
- Strong organizational and attention to detail skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong Decision-making skills
- Ability to manage in a fast pace, deadline environment with a focus on high level of customer service
- Degree in Culinary or similar qualifications